Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last night, I found another reason to be grateful to God...

I happen to rescue an accident victim. I saw surrounded by people shouting as she was... It took a lot to keep them from tensing her up further. I told her to stay calm (whatever that meant) and got them to give me a wrapper which I got tied on the leg. The shin just above her ankle had open up and one could see everything under, the bone was not seen though but as I write this and can't help remembering the subject of skin in Biology back in Secondary School. I say kudos to Medical Officer and everyone that deals with such every day. There, I saw God wrought a miracle by hand, as open as the wound (can even call it wound; it's too big to be called wound,) big as it was she didn't lose much blood...
Talk about blood; men, human beings blood really stinks... It stinks real badly; all I could eat last night was a can of yoghourt and Bigi Sausage... I was almost a mess most of the night... I see blood nearly every three months when I go for blood donation as I am a Safe Blood Donor, that's my blood, given voluntarily in a comfortable environment among friends and family...
I thank God for making available at that time or this woman would have died bleeding and screaming as by the time we got to the Hospital, she was so weak, you'd ever to strain your ear to hear her.
As I got off the bus and walked by home, it occurred to me that the only time I've had to report to hospital was when I go for blood donation, and since I get a mini medical check before the donation, I never had to go to hospitals for anything else since over 3 years now...
For someone that enjoys weaving words together, I finding it hard to believe this is me, writing this less than articulate note...
But I am grateful, last week I was chatting with a doctor friend of mine and he went offline for a long while. Just as I was about complaining to him that he abandoned me, he told me that he had gone to treat an accident victim... So when it happened yesterday and as I rode with her to the hospital I couldn't help remembering Ay... Was going to tell him I wouldn't complain again if he abandons my message, it's just a message (except of course, it's not to attend to a patient.)
...sigh...
I'm ok. I'll check on her on Saturday when I go for blood donation. That reminds me, this is to remind you all of the Blood Donation Exercise coming up on Saturday @10A.M. Lagos State College of Medicine, Ikeja (General Hospital.) Venue: Blood Donor Clinic opposite the Accident/Surgical Emergency... Come and bring someone with one.

No comments:

ShareThis