Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Circle Up boys & girls: let's build a nation! Part 3

Yay! It's the finally part. I'm sorry for the delay though. If this is your first read on this topic, please do catch up by reading the two preceding posts. So, let's begin.

GET HOLD OF THE SPIRITUAL
I’m of the opinion that for everything we see manifested in the physical there is a spiritual incident that had happened to prepare the way for this manifestation. I’d love to say that you be born again and accept
Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour right here and now, but my dear that is a decision that you’ll have to make by your own self. But, what I want to emphasize in the section is that the influence of the divine in our existence can never be undermined.



I can say this because I’ve seen it work for me. I’ve seen it play a part in some results in my life that I know I couldn’t have gotten some other way.

Also, it is said that service to humanity is service to God. If that be true, I believe this God would want you to do well in that service, hence His willingness to lend you His strength. Move close to Him, walk with Him and see His willingness work for you. This will lead me to talk about love.

Love in itself is all encompassing, a driving force that can accomplish the impossible if only we allow it work through us. Walking and working in love will first of all determine how you handle your own self: body, spirit and soul. It also drives the way to treat others, as our individual existence in this life is indirectly dependent on the existence of others. There’s just how far you can go, if someone out there is wallowing in despair.

PASS IT ON
I believe we’re in the trouble we’re in as a nation because the generations before refused to pass on the lessons learnt in the past. The wisdom of their days went with them to the grave. And we’re unfortunately treading that same path today.

Do you know that if your parents had help your neighbour’s daughter get on with her education while you were doing yours, there’ll be less prostitute/ runs girls around today. The agbero’s we have today on our streets are there because our parents refused to help their nephews to learn a vocation while we were going to school. So, let’s pass on the wisdom; teach somebody the right thing to do!

I know you’re quiet person, but it’s going to kill you to tell that teenager to wear his trouser right or stop dragging her feet as she walks on the streets. There is one thing I decided to do each time I find myself in public transport and that is to correct the misconceptions of people. I usually love singing along to song on my MP3 player when I’m in a bus (that way I don't get unwelcome 'toasters') but I make sure a chance to correct things doesn’t pass me by, because if these things are not corrected, someone who doesn’t know any better would think it’s okay to do such too. Once while I was in a bus, a man (40 years or so) said he was glad that the Hausa’s are reducing since they were bombing themselves up North. He was referring to Boko Haram terrorist activities. He also said he has asked his younger ones living in the North to come down to Lagos. I didn’t let him finish before I told him to shut up and stop the bigotry, because that’s how hatred gets spread. That day I won people over to knowing that our existence depends on others’. Of course, I’m not asking that you talk in buses, but take up every opportunity you get to show somebody the light, and darkness will never take over your path!

STAY HEALTHY
There is an old saying that health is wealth. Show me a healthy man and I'll show you a person who is ready to take on life and all its challenges. Contrary to the popular misconceptions, it doesn't take so much to stay healthy, a 6 months visit to the hospital will do just fine for an overall medical check. More good food, less junk and a little exercise will do just fine. I know those of us living and/or working in the metro cities have traffic to thank for our potbellies and generally low immunity to sicknesses and diseases. But do you know that an apple a day can do a lot in your body? Yes, dear. It has the potency of building your immunity.

I will also ask that you know your body, know what it can and cannot take. Reduce your toxic intakes to the barest minimum. By toxic, I'm saying alcohol, smoke drugs including prescription drugs. If it is not necessary, then do not take it. I really don't necessarily go about any special diet routine, but I do take seriously the law of moderation in everything I do. I eat as close to a balanced diet as my means could afford me, cut low on junk food and take regular walks. Do you know that long walks in the evening can help you rest better? Your sleep maybe long and yet not deep enough to get you good rest. It's could also be the other way around. Do you know that you need an average of 8 hours of rest per day for your body to function at its maximum all year round. If you manage to catch 5 - 6 hours at night time, then catch up on the rest during the day, you're going to get more out of your body than you've ever done working it hard all day long.
Reduce the stress on your body, in extension your mind and get the best out of it. Then we’re on our way to taking our nation back on the right course!

There’s no appropriate closing for the discourse, so I’m going to close it. Drop your comments and let’s build this nation together starting from our own corner of influence which is our own selves.

Disclaimers: these lines were written with you in mind, so if you think I'm talking about you, then I am!
OluSeyi
Find me on twitter: @Im_a_MARVEL


No comments:

ShareThis