Thursday, July 5, 2012

#SaveGeorge

I woke up yesterday to find this person on my twitter timeline asking for help on behalf of their friend. This kind of reminds me of myself about 3 - 4 months ago asking for help to save my friend Oke's feet and life. So I have made a made the decision to help where I can and I'm encouraging you to do same. Below is the content of the mail sent my way after I requested for details from his friend Ajani Adeyinka:
I'm sorry... Due to the weather here in Ibadan it kinda affected the network. George is a graduate of English, he graduated 2010.. Had been suffering from a leaking kidney and has been on drugs since 2010 when he graduated. Presently he needs 2.5m for his Kidney Transplant and he's in
UCH as I write this. His Brother is donating his kidney for George. A very cool headed guy, Loves literature and playing Chess. Here are his details Chimezirim Egbuchulam 1stBank, 1233010142434 OR Acc numbr:0018310939 Unity Bank and his phone number is 07035122937. God bless you as you help.
Adeyinka can be reached on twitter at: @yinky007
As at 2pm today, we've had someone (@matemilayos) check up on him and he reported how much George needs help and how much pain he was going through.
You can also follow updates on this issue on twitter by following the hashtag #SaveGeorge
Remember, no amount is too small to save a life...



1 comment:

MARVEL! said...

I called Adeyinka some time last week and I got the update that the money is now complete. Not only the 2.5 million Naira needed for the operation, but also the 1+ million Naira needed for Post-Op treatment. Unknown to me, shortly after this post was published George was told he needed more than 2.5 million, because there is going to be need for medical treatment after the surgery itself. But, praise be to God, he got it all in no time, even the surgery has been moved backwards to August from September. I'm so glad for him.

I, Seyi Falufosi, I'm using this media to thank everyone that help give this young man hope for another day, week, month, year and multiple of decades. May God remember your good seeds and multiply it in different areas of your life. May you find help in your time of need.

I'm especially grateful to those that helped on my words, not giving room to doubts but helped because Seyi is involved in this. May your words command honor at every level from every man.

Thanks to @Gidi_Traffic and her (I still insist that GT is a girl) followers who responded when I asked for help with an urgent Ibadan errand. It was around 1am in the night. I'm really grateful as Tunji (@matemilayos) was one of them. He responded ready to help. Special thanks to him, because though he is an NYSC member, he still gave his resources to helping me visit with George at UCH, Ibadan. God bless you, Tunji.

Now, thanks to George too for holding on tightly to life. I know what diseases can make life seem to the sufferer. But, you've triumphed over it, making yourself a testimony for many to believe that when there's life, there's hope. Here's you wish you speedy Supernatural recovery, dear.

ShareThis